Attention ALA Student Members
LISSA invites GSLIS students who are active members of ALA to apply for the Student-to-Staff program for the 2013 Annual ALA Conference. In exchange for working 16 hours for an ALA division or office during the conference, the nominated student from Dominican University will receive free conference registration, free housing with roommate(s) and a per diem for meals. LISSA faculty advisor, Dr. Yu Jin Gao, will submit the student name that is chosen from Dominican. 60 LISSA chapters around the nation are being invited to participate in this program and only 40 will be accepted. Thus, the deadline for submitting your information to LISSA is Sunday, October 28, 2012.
Student Requirements include:
- An active and good-standing ALA membership (go online and apply today and you will be active!)
- Active participation in the Dominican University LISSA Association
- Active enrollment in the GSLIS program during the time of the Annual Conference (Summer 2013)
To apply, please submit a brief 2-3 paragraph description that includes the following information by Sunday, October 28, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How are you currently active in the DU LISSA organization? How are you able to contribute to the DU LISSA organization?
- What motivates you to apply for this program and attend the 2013 conference?
- How will you share the information that you learn from the Student-to-Staff program with the Dominican GSLIS student body?
Please ensure that your ALA membership is active and in good standing. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to the LISSA Board at email@example.com.
Annual ALA Conference website: http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/upcoming/annual