LISSA received this job post information from Kara Moore, Career Resource Librarian at the Kellogg School of Management. The application deadline is August 30th. Good luck!
Job Posting – Kellogg Career Resource Library, Northwestern University
We have an opening in our Career Resource Library for an Assistant Librarian at the Kellogg School of Management. This is a great position for a person starting an MLS program (or currently enrolled) to gain experience in an academic setting. Ideal to have someone with web skills (updating our research guides for students and alumni) and interest in business research! The Career Resource Library is a unique library embedded within the Career Management Center. It’s currently a staff of two: Librarian & Assistant Librarian. We are expanding to a staff of three to provide greater access to all of our student populations. It is a full time role at an hourly rate.
Assistant Librarian – Career Resource Library
The Assistant Librarian provides support for the Career Resource Library and works closely with the Career Resource Librarian. Great career builder for a current library student interested in academic and business research. (Hourly position)
* Greet and assist all resource library visitors – students, alumni, staff and corporate visitors and direct them appropriately.
* Research basic resources and package existing resources into various guides for students.
* Make updates and changes to webpages and library research guides.
* Assist with the creation of screencasts to demonstrate resources to students and alumni.
* Manage circulation system (add/remove materials, follow-up with students, etc.) and restock resources.
* Manage and maintain periodicals, corporate information and other files, assist with resource budget. Order and maintain supplies and resource materials as directed.
* Track subscriptions of periodicals.
* Answer all login and admin issues with online databases. Answer any questions from patrons as a backup to the librarian.
* Perform ad hoc projects for Career Management Center staff (collects and analyzes data, student interviews, create surveys, etc.).
* Perform related duties as required.
* Strong customer focus, people skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and manage projects
* Knowledge of business information and databases
* Strong knowledge of HTML, including working knowledge of metadata structure
* Expertise with Excel, Powerpoint and Word
* Confidence using web-based interfaces and the internet to perform projects/research
* BA/BS required. Interest in business resources/research/libraries preferred.
* Current MLS degree seeker preferred.
Please submit application materials via e-mail. Send, as attachments (MS-Word format preferred), a cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for this position and your current resume. Apply by August 30, 2012 (applications will be reviewed as received). Send all required application materials to Kara Moore at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Resource Librarian
Kellogg School of Management